Mel B says Spice Girls are ‘up for’ a 2021 tour to mark band’s 25th anniversary
Mel B says the Spice Girls are “definitely up for” touring this year – as soon as coronavirus restrictions allow it.
The group – who performed as a fourpiece in 2019, without Victoria Beckham – have been planning a string of shows this summer to mark their 25th anniversary, and Mel previously said she was determined to persuade Victoria to get involved.
They also wanted to perform at Glastonbury.
“People need a bit of entertainment,” she says. “Music brings people together.
“I would love it – as soon as the rules allow it, then yeah.”
Obviously, bringing people together is part of the problem, and Mel admits social distancing logistics could thwart plans.
“Until the virus gets under control I don’t think anyone can securely say ‘I’m definitely going on tour’,” she laments.
“When it comes to putting on a show or concert, I don’t know how people are going to do it without the proper guidelines and information, because things change on a weekly basis.
“Us lot are definitely up for it – it’s just a case of timings and safety.
“I’m always itching to get back on to the stage.”
Mel believes her Leeds accent and “bubble butt”, visible in her Seahorse costume, made her too recognisable to fool the judges on ITV’s The Masked Singer, which she left on Saturday night.
But she hinted at plans to front her own TV show.
“I’ve definitely got a few things in the pipeline but let’s see how this year pans out,” she says.
“Getting something into production while dealing with covid restrictions… it’s hard to say definitely just yet. But I’ll be making some announcements soon.”